Why should you buy with Rensilfier?
1. Our Unconditional guarantee on all purchases
We offer an unconditional guarantee on all purchases. Should your furniture not be of acceptable quality or specification, we will send you a replacement, or a full refund. Furthermore, your furniture is guaranteed against warping and cracking for life.
2. Our Quality timber, excellent finish and specification
Take a closer look at Rensilfier furniture and see the quality. We guarantee the best quality timber, finish and specification you’ve ever seen.
3. Our Solid wooden construction
All tops, shelves and cabinet sides are solid wood; Blackwood, Stinkwood, Cape Yellowwood (Podocarpus latifolius) and oak. Other hardwoods on request.
4. All work is done in-house by Rensilfier, to ensure quality
We have no outside contractors in the manufacture of our furniture. Our sawmill, kilns, factory and experienced craftsmen enable us to exercise control over every aspect of the manufacturing process, from the log to the end product. The only way to guarantee perfect, lasting quality.
5. Our Special Selection of Wood
The top grade logs we select in the forest play a very important part in the final finish. One cannot make good furniture using inferior wood. (The appearance of knots and sapwood in furniture is indicative of poor choice of logs).
6. Our Sawing Technique
Grain and colour matching of boards are important and we take particular care when cutting the wood – another contribution to the beauty of our furniture.
7. Our Seasoning Technique
The cut boards are air dried under cover to remove most of the moisture. Thereafter the boards are kiln dried to further reduce the moisture content to the required level. This careful monitoring of the moisture content in the wood guarantees against warping or cracking, whatever the climatic conditions.
8. Our Excellent Workmanship
We are proud of our quality and finish. Each piece is individually made with the utmost care and attention to detail; hand-assembled, and smoothly finished by hand. The lustre of the wood is natural; we do not use synthetic gloss or stain products. We do not employ mass production techniques in the assembling of our furniture.
What makes an excellent piece of furniture ?
The proof of a good piece is both in the visible and concealed detail. Look out for the following points in furniture you are interested in:
- Wood is evenly matched ensuring uniformity in color.
- No sapwood, no knots.
- The color of the wood is rich and deep.
- Drawers have dovetail joints throughout with sides of indigenous wood.
- All joints are mortised and tenoned as well as dowelled in the best cabinet making tradition.
- Shelves and cabinet sides are made from solid wood (i.e. Blackwood, Stinkwood, Oak and Cape Yellowwood and not veneered pressed board).
- Solid wood construction.
Custom designed furniture
1. Custom design facility
At Rensilfier we insist on quality and craftsmanship of the highest standard. Our custom design facility is yet another way to ensure that our clients have unique furniture that will satisfy their needs in all respects.
2. We make your ideas come to life with a drawing
We convert your original idea into a detailed drawing. On presentation of this drawing, you can adjust sizes, change design details, and verify that the drawing conforms to the parameters of your original concept.
3. Your unique design is manufactured
On approval it will be adapted to a working drawing from which your unique design will be crafted with care and treasured with pride for generations.
4. Assistance available, with a smile
Peter and Arthur West are directly involved in every aspect of the design and production of your furniture and will be very happy to assist you.
5. Ancient values, cutting edge design
We are continually developing new designs and refining our timeless pieces of furniture to create unique treasures for future generations.